Preserve history. Provide access. Pursue truth.
Help CSNTM finish the summer strong!
We are no longer accepting donations on this campaign, but there are other ways for you to support us today!
Preserving Ancient New Testament Manuscripts for the Modern World
There are nearly 2,500,000 pages of Greek New Testament manuscripts remaining from the ancient and medieval eras, which are scattered across the globe in more than 250 libraries, institutions, monasteries, and private collections. These handwritten documents are the foundation for determining the original words of the New Testament and understanding the history of how the text was copied over the centuries.
We digitize because it is critical for preserving, sharing, and studying Christian Scriptures.
- Preserve History. Preservation matters because even the best conservation methods cannot prevent manuscripts from natural decay. Our digitization process captures the text and features of the document in high-resolution images so that it is digitally archived for future generations.
- Provide Access. Sharing matters because it allows modern world-wide access to these ancient documents. Before, people examined low-quality microfilm reels or, if they were fortunate, traveled to the manuscripts. Today, anyone with Internet access can see thousands of pages of the Greek New Testament at the click of a button.
- Pursue Truth. Study matters because Greek New Testament manuscripts are essential for determining the original text of the New Testament as far as humanly possible. We also study manuscripts to learn how the New Testament was passed down through the centuries and to understand the people who copied and read them. CSNTM's images are actually easier to read than the physical artifact!
Our giving opportunities for this summer:
- Digitize one manuscript page: It costs CSNTM $16 to digitize one manuscript page using our state-of-the-art imaging equipment.
Provide free access to manuscripts: The images we capture are available at no cost to our website users. A gift of $25 will help us continue providing online access that is crucial for many significant research projects on the Greek New Testament.
- Support our internship program: Our internship program prepares talented graduate students to become excellent scholars and leaders. A gift of $100 will help this year's students receive the training they need from Dr. Wallace and CSNTM's research team.
Transcribe one papyrus page: Between expeditions, the research team at CSNTM is working on a major transcription project of papyrus manuscripts. A gift of $200 will support them as they research.
- Develop a new image viewer: We are developing a new online image viewer to maximize the potential of our multispectral images. A donation of $500 will help make this new addition to our website reality.
CSNTM is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in Plano, TX. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.